Sunday, July 01, 2007

illustration friday: twist

click image for larger view

i had a couple of ideas for this one, another illustrated classics version of Oliver Twist being my second choice, but i went for a more contemporary pop culture reference. the younger crowd probably won't get it, but i'm sure those of us born before the computer age recall the sheer excitement of doing "the twist". okay, maybe not excitement.

the dance craze swept the nation spawning at least two movies and making Chubby Checker a permanent icon in American Pop Culture.

we interrupt this post for a special announcement...

it's voting time at greenlabelart.com. the links to my designs are on the "rejection" post from 2 weeks ago. i would greatly appreciate your vote. thank you.

we now return to our regularly scheduled post, already in progress...

...as always this illustration was created specifically for this IF challenge. thanks to everyone for last week's comments, and thanks for dropping by. have a groovy week ahead and (for those in the states) a Happy and Safe 4th of July.

4 Comments:

Blogger Loni Edwards said...

This is....groovy! hehe Nice job, very fun and creative.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Wicked Good Dinner said...

Beach Blanket Bingo is one of my all-time favorite movies. This illustration is right in groove with that feeling! Love it!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Your colors are terrific!

No, I'm not dead. I just feel dead! I took a summer job of running a small kitchen at a Boy Scout camp. Me, and a few teens feed 150 people or more three meals a day. It's exhausting, back breaking work, but it's been satisfying too. I needed a little adventure, a little extra money, and sense of accomplishing something big, and this did the trick. I do it until late August, if I live until then.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

I actually had that song flitting through my head since Friday...

If you like Rock and Roll, check this guy out:
http://www.vpr.net/music/my_place.shtml

It's a local show that feels very professional. The music and history of the Rock and Roll Era. I actually dislike most Rock and Roll, but I love listening to this show. He did a fabulous Johnny Cash tribute.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home